Laumeier Sculpture Park has occasional opportunities for full-time and part-time employment, frequent opportunities for seasonal employment and ongoing internship opportunities in a variety of areas.
Laumeier Sculpture Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Laumeier does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. Laumeier is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for its staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors and clients.
PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITIES
SPECIAL EVENTS COORDINATOR
The Special Events Coordinator assists with the execution of Laumeier’s Annual Art Fair on Mother’s Day weekend and other events hosted by the Park. This position also coordinates the organization’s facility rental program, including weddings, corporate parties and other private events. The Special Events Coordinator is a part-time, permanent position, reporting directly to the Special Events Manager.
Education + Experience
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Experience in wedding planning preferred
· Nonprofit work experience preferred
· Experience in special events planning, fundraising and relationship building
Qualifications + Skills
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Excellent organizational skills, with a particular ability to prioritize projects and keep multiple initiatives moving forward simultaneously
· Ability to pay close attention to detail, while also keeping the big picture in mind
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Ability to “think on your feet” and react quickly, effectively and calmly to unexpected changes
· Possession of leadership skills and negotiation skills
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs
· Basic graphic design experience required
· Comfortable working with a variety of people, including internal staff and volunteers, external vendors and clients, and the general public
Duties + Responsibilities
· Assist with the planning and coordination of Laumeier-hosted special events, including the Annual Art Fair on Mother’s Day weekend, The Big Dinner in September and more
· Serve as the point person for Artist Relations for Laumeier events, including maintaining an artist database, monitoring artist applications, communicating with artists, administering surveys, organizing and maintaining files, and cultivating relationships with artists year-round
· Oversee on-site staff, volunteers and Artist Relations processes during events
· Assist with gathering supplies, soliciting donations and filling needs for events
· Assist with vendor relations and equipment rentals for all events
· Serve as the on-site coordinator for Laumeier’s event rental program as necessary (requires the ability to work flexible evening and weekend hours)
· Respond to inquiries for the event rental program, including conducting site visits and planning meetings
· Assist with planning and maintaining schedules and deliveries for event rentals
· Provide graphic design support to the Special Events Department, including event layouts and diagrams
· Organize and clean event supplies; maintain event storage and inventories
· Collaborate and maintain a good working relationship with our operating partner, St. Louis County Parks
· Attend meetings and work exhibition openings and other events as required
· Provide occasional administrative support as required
· Perform other related duties as required and additional duties as assigned
· Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
· Ability to stand, walk, bend, stoop and reach for long periods of time
· Must be able to work outdoors at events
$15 per hour, 20-29 hours per week
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Scott Layne, Special Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Immediate start date possible. Position open until filled.
Laumeier Sculpture Park seeks an enthusiastic Museum Guide to ensure a positive and welcoming experience for visitors and provide administrative, visitor services and program support. Museum Guides provide interpretative services to Museum visitors through guided tours and during programs and events (i.e., family programs, exhibit openings), engage visitors in a welcoming manner and are responsive and informative to visitors' needs. The ideal candidate will be hands-on, collaborative, energetic, customer oriented and possess a positive, friendly personality.
This is a part-time position with a predetermined schedule (monthly). Work schedule may include some evenings as needed and will include one weekend day and average 28 hours per week. The starting salary is $10.30 hourly and there are no benefits provided.
Examples of Duties
Represent Laumeier Sculpture Park with the highest standards in personal interactions, on the phone, in demeanor, appearance and dress
Communicate with the public in a personable, professional and knowledgeable manner
Process tour inquiries, provide check-in information and communicate with teachers and volunteers
Process gift shop sales, group tour admissions, event registration and ticket sales (walk-in and phone), cash and credit card transactions accurately and efficiently, filing daily reconciliation
Promote Museum memberships and cultivate repeat visitation
Keep daily attendance, collect and record visitor data; address visitor concerns in a resourceful and courteous manner and communicate visitor feedback to appropriate staff
Provide accurate information about the Museum, its exhibits, events and programs, as well as information on the surrounding area; attend pre-exhibition trainings
Keep desk and gift shop area clean and organized; assist with Shop merchandise inventory and restocking
Assist in the set-up and/or assist visitors with a variety of audio visual and multimedia technologies that are used in exhibits (may include laptops and projectors, video cameras, and touch screen displays)
Assist as needed with special projects and Education and Visitor Services departmental assignments
Monitor building and exhibits to ensure safety of patrons and security of artifacts and exhibits while museum is open to the public; open and close buildings as scheduled
Perform related work as required
Minimum 1 year of customer service experience with some college course work in in Art History, Art Education, Studio Art, interest or knowledge of museums and contemporary art and/or a related Bachelor's Degree are strongly preferred. Candidates should possess a welcoming demeanor, with a high level of communication and public relation skills and be dependable and punctual. Candidates should also be enthusiastic, encouraging and open to visitor's personal interpretations of a work of art. Must have operational knowledge of Microsoft Office, current technologies, general office equipment, and experience with /ability to learn cashiering and sales transaction.
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants interested in applying for this position should visit our website at www.stlouisco.com . We only accept On-line applications. If you do not have access to a computer with web access, we have a kiosk that you may use in our office located at 41 S. Central 7th Floor, Clayton, Missouri 63105.
Sunday, April 21, 2019
ART STUDIO INSTRUCTORS
Art Studio Instructors provide classes and workshops in drawing, painting, printmaking, clay, textiles and sculpture to audiences of all ages. Applications for part-time Art Studio Instructors are accepted on an ongoing basis to fill existing class and workshops offerings.
A bachelor’s degree in art education, studio art, design, architecture or related field and teaching experience required.
Interested individuals should send a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com OR Studio Practice Coordinator, Laumeier Sculpture Park, 12580 Rott Road, St. Louis, MO 63127.
Internships at Laumeier offer students the opportunity to collaborate closely with staff members and contribute in their particular area of focus. Applicants seeking to obtain college credit for internships should arrange to do so through their university prior to beginning the internship; credit cannot be guaranteed by Laumeier. Applicants should plan to commit 10–15 hours per week at Laumeier for the duration of the internship, with flexible hours to allow for school, part-time work and other commitments.
The Marketing Department is accepting applications for seasonal Marketing Interns. One unpaid internship is available each semester: Fall (September–December), Spring (January–April) and Summer (May–August). Please submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to Jamie Vishwanat, Marketing & Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
The Curatorial Department is accepting applications for seasonal Preparator Interns. One unpaid internship is available each semester: Fall (September–December), Spring (January–April) and Summer (May–August). Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and letter of reference to Marty Linson, Chief Preparator, at email@example.com. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.