EDUCATION PROGRAMS OVERVIEW
Laumeier offers a range of education programs that engage participants of all ages in art and nature. Programs are taught by local, experienced Artist-Instructors and are designed to encourage artistic development and self-expression. Small group sizes provide participants with individual attention; projects are designed to allow participants the freedom to explore their own potential and creativity. Materials are always provided!
Laumeier's education programs are designed for audiences with diverse interests in art, creativity, nature, recreation and more.
- One-week Summer Art Camps for ages 4 to 15 are structured to encourage artistic development and self-expression through social interaction and individual skill-building experiences.
- Multi-day Clay Classes for youth, teens and adults are designed to provide participants with the freedom to explore their own potential and creativity. Participants work at their own level and pace with guided instruction for skill improvement.
- One-day Family Workshops are a collaborative way for families to spend quality and creative time together. Children—along with a favorite grownup!—explore art and nature, develop a meaningful bond and create memories to last a lifetime.
- Monthly Night Out Series workshops encourage adult participants to combine self-expression with relaxation in a fun, social atmosphere! A bottle of wine and some clay make for a great night out!
- NEW! Laumeier's After Dark Series provides affordable, evening experiences at the Park for all ages. Activities and programs bring a fresh, new perspective to the art and nature at Laumeier.
- NEW! Monthly Makers Nights feature a different local artist or arts organization for an evening of art-making for teens and adults.
- NEW! Pre-K and Sculpt-Fit “drop-in” Programs provide participants with opportunities to explore art and engage with nature through creative and healthy, stress-relieving activities.
- Free Family Days encourage observation, imagination, curiosity and creativity. Activities are designed to be simple enough for ages 4 and up to enjoy, yet complex enough that more experienced young artists can take their projects to the next level.
- Laumeier's Conversation Series offers free, informal learning opportunities for adult audiences through lecture and discussion. Coffee and cocktail events encourage participants to ask questions in a relaxed atmosphere. Refreshments are always provided!
- Tour Programs for individuals, schools and community groups are interactive and provide perspective on Laumeier's Permanent Collection to enhance the visitor experience.
- Laumeier's annual In-Residence Program brings different forms of social and intellectual artistic practice into the public spaces of the Park as a complement to our thematic exhibitions.
- NEW! Laumeier's Visiting Artist Series provides opportunities for local artists to engage with the community through workshops, events and discussions.
Summer Art Camps / Family Workshops / Pre-K Programs / Free Family Days
Summer Art Camps / Clay Classes / Family Workshops / Free Family Days / Tour Programs
Summer Art Camps / Clay Classes / After Dark Series / Makers Nights / Tour Programs
Clay Classes / Night Out Series / After Dark Series / Makers Nights / Sculpt-Fit Programs /
Conversation Series / Tour Programs / In-Residence Program
EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Scholarships for education programs are available through the Laumeier Sculpture Park Education Scholarship Fund. Assistance is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be guaranteed for all applicants. Scholarships are granted solely on the basis of financial need and are awarded on a sliding scale. Assistance is granted regardless of race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation or nationality. Laumeier cannot guarantee space in a program without a completed Scholarship Application Form. Applicants must submit a new Scholarship Application Form on an annual basis. Please contact the Education Department at 314.615.5268 or email@example.com for more information or to request an application.
Supported by Blueprint4Summer STL and the Windgate Foundation.